Sunday, November 11, 2012

Manipulated Classic Story

  • Lord of the Flies

          I think that the story that I would like to manipulate is William Golding’s Lord of the Flies. I often thought how the story would be different if there were girls on the island. And what else, maybe a few disabled senior citizens that the girls have been tasked with caring for. Girls and disabled senior citizens would probably have a dramatic change to the events that happen on that island. How interesting the pseudo leadership would have materialized then. Would the seniors die? Would the girls have an influence in the decisions? I don’t want anybody to think I am poking fun at disabled people, I am not intending to do so. I just thought it would be a more chaotic scenario. Would be a great deal more complicated and worrisome. Or would it?

  • The Divine Comedy

           My original idea was a manipulation of The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri. However I abandoned it for fear that this would not be so familiar. If you are familiar with this trilogy, my idea was that rather than viewing all the punishments of Purgatory and Hell, the narrator must actually experience them. Describing what he is going through as it happens. I am very sure that the ideas in your mind from reading some of the experiences can give a very clear picture of what it would feel like to be under such circumstances. But to actually read the feeling might be a very interesting and probably less that palatable evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment