Monday, October 1, 2012

Brainstorming Games Revisited / Chess


 Considering I devote a great amount of my “do nothing” time to playing chess, it seems natural that I would like to create a chess game that suits my wants and desires. I really think that the game I want needs a sort of cool and exciting feel to it. I guess I want to create a sort of Gladiator type chess game, or maybe even a Lord of the Rings chess game. I just want the scenery and the play of the game to really captivate the people involved. Chess can get somewhat boring if you are waiting for an opponent. So why not have some sort of story going along with the gameplay, or atleast some action to make the waiting time pass faster.

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Totally agree, convential chess can look boring at times, but the game is still fun. And the battlefield look would definitely give it a nice feel. When units attack each other, would they generate some sort of battle scene? That would be interesting

    ReplyDelete